Ever wondered how to kill a Revenant? Or you just want some plain tips on enhancing your fun experience in the dark, depths of the Wilderness? You've come to the right place!
Here, you'll be given tips and hints on how to kill Revenants, either solo or team, on F2P worlds.
Table of Contents
Revenants are souls that were previously blown away through the ages after the God Wars. Over 2000 years later (which is year 169), they are born to patrol their new homelan, the Wilderness. They have a little advantage over player killers. Therefore, they can teleblock, freeze, and poison.
Revenants have a bit of advantage over F2P players, in that they retain members' abilities in F2P worlds. Therefore, they can teleblock and freeze (cannot poison, however) F2Pers! As well as this, they have the same max hits as in P2P, so they are much more difficult to deal with in F2P.
Now then, what can one do to survive a F2P attack? Wear Green dragonhide. To avoid teleblock, I would keep your sound turned on, and once you hear the sound of a Revenant magic attack, teleport out. Of course, you may be above teleportable wilderness, for which I can only suggest running south or to the nearest safe zone. Teleblocks erase when you leave the Wilderness by ditch or enter a safe zone (more info about safe zones on below)
Safe Zones are also much more limited in F2P. There are no Spirit Portals or Teleport Levers. You cannot use a Forinthry bracelet to wear off teleblocks! So, your safe zones are limited to FOG, Wilderness Volcano bank, the Clan Wars Challenge Hall, and the Stealing Creation lobby. Be aware of this!
The equipment below is for people who only want to risk their items. If you feel uncomortable wearing those items into a dangerous place, you can wear 3 or 4 items. The only downside is that you have lesser defense bonuses than people who want to risk more.
Helm: Rune full helm/Wizard hat/Runecrafter's hat/None
Amulet: Power/Strength/DefenceCape: Team cape/Plain
Body: Rune platebody/Green d'hide body/Adamant platebody
Weapon: Rune scimitar/Rune 2H sword/Rune Battleaxe/Rune longsword/Adamant scimitar
Shield: Anti-dragon shield/Sq shield/Kiteshield/Berserker shield/SpikeshieldLegs: Rune platelegs/Green d'hide chaps
Ring: Lumbridge (3)Hand: Rune gauntlets/Adamant Gauntlets/Green d'hide vambs/Leather vambs
Inventory: 25 Swordfishes/Lobsters, 1 strength potion, Rune 2H sword
Helm: Green d'hide coif/Rune full helm/Runecrafter Hat/Coif/None
Amulet: Power/DefenceCape: Team/Plain/Body: Green d'hide body
Weapon: Willow/Maple shortbowArrows: 100+ Iron arrows or better
Legs: Green d'hide chaps/Rune platelegs
Ring: Lumbridge (3)
Hand: D'hide vambs/Rune gauntlets/Adamant gauntlets
Inventory: 27 Swordfishes/Lobsters, Rune 2H sword/Rune scimitar
Now, when it comes to Revenant Hunting in F2P, Revenants have a decent amount of advantages over players. They can teleblock, deal immense damage, and some have tremendous defense. How to kill them is a hard question to answer.
Finding a Revenant can be tough. Sometimes, they are all grouped together in a clan, wandering the very place you just looked.
Method of Attack (Melee):
1. Drink Strength potion, and make sure you are ready for the fight. If you are under attack, do this anyway.
2. Activate Protection Prayer (Ranged or Magic), and engage with main weapon.
3. Make sure Auto-Retaliate is ON throughout the fight. This helps majorly in Single Combat, but be aware of some issues if multiple Revenants are attacking you. Turn it OFF when in Multi-Combat to stop going the other direction.
4. As Revenants will begin to heal at 1/4-1/3 health, bring out your Rune 2-handed sword when they reach this point.
5. If the Revenant isn't down, continue attacking with your main weapon. The fight will be longer than normal, but keep at it and you will succeed.
Method of Attack (Ranged)
1. Drink Strength potion (for R2H), then put on Protect from Magic/Missiles, and make sure you are ready for the fight. If you are under attack, do this anyways.
2. Activate Eagle Eye + Protect Items, and engage with your maple shortbow.
3. Make sure Auto-Retaliate is ON throughout the fight. This helps majorly in Single Combat, but be aware of some issues if multiple Revenants are attacking you. Make sure you are NOT within melee range! Turn Auto Retaliate OFF when in Multi-Combat to stop going the other direction.
4. As Revenants will begin to heal at 1/4-1/3 health, bring out your special weapon (R2H)
5. If the Revenant isn't down, continue attacking. The fight will be longer than normal, but keep at it and you will succeed. If you take too long, it will eventually teleport.
If you are in combat setup, and are ambushed, but unable to fight due to lack of food or other vital equipment, run to the level the Revenants(s) will stop attacking you.
If this fails, make for the nearest safezone. Always make sure you have at least 4-6 swordfishes available for emergencies, as being ambushed with no food will be a problem.
Revenant drops are limited to coins only in F2P, which isn't worth it if you want to kill them for drops.
If you are interested in the relative power of some of these Revenants, there is max hit information below.
Dark beast: 28-30
This section tells you some tips on Revenant hunting